Anne, from Salina, Kansas, qualified as an engineer. She founded KCGS, Gender Dysphoria Support.
In 1991 she was one of the first to respond when Nancy Burkholder was ejected from the Michigan Womyns Music Festival.
She was the initial editor of Rites of Passage which later became Transsexual News Telegraph.
She co-founded Transgender Nation in San Francisco in reaction to transphobia in Queer Nation, and as such was part of the 1993 demonstation at the American Psychiatric Association.
Anne was initiated as an hijra in India in 1993, the first westerner to do so. She wrote up her experiences in India in the Transsexual News Telegraph. In 1998 she attempted to arrange for three hijra of the house of Najafgarh to visit California, and Yale University. She also attempted to start a school for hijras in India.
- Anne Ogborn, “Saheli!” Transsexual News Telegraph 3 (1994): 20.
- Anne Ogborn. “Going Home”. “Hijras and Intersexuals” Hermaphrodites with Attitudes, 1,1 Winter 1994. www.isna.org/files/hwa/winter1995.pdf.
- Patrick Califia. Sex Changes: Transgender Politics. Cleis Press. 1997, Second edition 2003: 226-7, 265.
- Evan B. Towle & Lynn Marie Morgan. “Romancing the Transgender Native: Rethinking the Use of the ‘Third Gender’ Concept”. GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, 8,4, 2002: 480-1, 484, 487-8,
- Susan Stryker. Transgender History. Seal Press. 190 pp 2008: 135.
- “Anne Ogborn”. Care2. www.care2.com/c2c/people/profile.html?pid=736503298.