Bibliographies:The original GVWW bibliography from 2007
(auto)biographies that are almost unobtainable
French and Belgian (auto) biographies and Histories
Biographies with the pre-transition name in the title
Advice Manuals I: 1957-1979
Advice Manuals II: 1980-2000
Advice Manuals III: 2001-2017
Non-Fiction Books on other topics by trans authors
While it is standard practice to mention the pre-transition name in a book-length biography, it is unusual to put the name actually in the book title. The authors below, two of them being the person discussed themselves, have different approaches, but somehow ended up doing this one thing.
This is a set not previously defined.
William Ernest Edwards. GVWW. Farm Worker, labourer.
- Marion Bill Edwards. Life and Adventures of Marion-Bill-Edwards. 1907.
Camille Barbin. GVWW. School teacher compelled to become male.
- Herculine Barbin with an Introduction by Michel Foucault. Herculine Barbin: Being the Recently Discovered Memoirs of a Nineteenth-Century French Hermaphrodite. Harvester Press, 1980.
Harry Leo Crawford. GVWW. Labourer, convicted of killing his wife.
- Suzanne Falkiner. Eugenia, a man. Sydney: Pan Books 1988.
Michael Dillon. Doctor, world’s first surgical trans man.
- Liz Hodgkinson. Michael, Née Laura: The Story of the World's First Female-to-Male Transsexual. Columbus, 1989.
(this book has recently been released with the slightly adjusted title: From a Girl to a Man: How Laura Became Michael: The Story of the World's First Female-to-Male Transsexual)
Michelle Ann Duff. GVWW champion motorcycle racer
- Michelle Duff. Make Haste Slowly: The Mike Duff Story. mad8 Pub., 1999.
Philippa York. Tour de France champion cyclist
- Richard Moore. In Search of Robert Millar. HarperSport, 2007.
Leona Lo. Singapore activist
- Leona Lo. From Leonard to Leona: A Singapore Transsexual's Journey to Womanhood. Select Pub, 2007.
Deena Kaye Rose. Country musician