Ian became a well-known sports car enthusiast, and an executive in his father’s business. In 2006 he was introduced to Joey Mead (1976 - ), the prominent Filipino model of Iranian descent who was raised in Australia. A few months into the relationship he mentioned that he liked to wear female clothes. Joey was supportive, and took him shopping for female clothes.
They were married in the US in 2011. They were open to their families re Ian that is Angelina. Archimedes was initially reluctant to accept it, but came round.
Archimedes died in a helicopter crash in July 2015.
A few months after that King saw an endocrinologist and was started on a prescription for hormones.
|image on Istagram|
- Aya Lowe. “Shhh...Victoria Court takes on new image”. Rappler, February 17, 2013. www.rappler.com/business/21878-victoria-court-same-face,-new-brand.
- Isabel Roces. “Ian King loves autos, DC shoes, fitted wip caps—and moisturizers”. Inquirer, August 16, 2013. http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/120233/ian-king-loves-autos-dc-shoes-fitted-wip-caps-and-moisturizers.
- “From Ian to Angelina: Motel heir is trans woman”. The Philippine Star, July 4, 2016. www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/07/04/1599365/ian-angelina-motel-heir-trans-woman.
- “How Ian King became the Queen of Joey Mead”. The Philoppino Star, July 6, 2016. www.philstar.com/lifestyle/fashion-and-beauty/2016/07/06/1599820/lifestyle.
- Paolo Reyes, Jerome Gomez, & Pam Quiñones “Sometimes the King is a Woman: The Joey Mead King Tell-All”. Rogue, July 2016. http://rogue.ph/joey-mead-king.
There is of course a lot of class privilege here. The ordinary Filipino Bakla or Bayot would not be given the same degree of acceptance, and far from storing part of her car collection in LA, would find it very difficult to even get a visa at all.