|Tara and Jayne, from Jayne's book.|
She was in Rosa von Praunheim's 1983 film, Stadt Der Verlorenen Seelen (City of Lost Souls) along with Jayne County and Angie Stardust where they all play versions of themselves.
Some sites including IMDB say that Tara was murdered in 1983, but some say that she was encountered later than that.
"Ten years later [after 1983] I heard the tragic story of Tara's passing on. Tara was found in the ladies' room in the Berlin Tiergarten area with her head bashed in. They took her to the hospital and she lay there for weeks and weeks in a coma. Finally the doctors decided that enough was enough and pulled the plug on her. I guess they thought that Tara would never recover, but they should have consulted someone. It caused a stink in the Berlin press. She was dying slowly anyway, but leave it to Tara to go out with a bang!" (p155-6)
- Jayne County with Rupert Smith. Man Enough to be a Woman. London: Serpent's Tail, 1995: 148-9, 151-2, 155-6, 183-4. The book is dedicated "In memory of Tara O'Hara".
- " City of Lost Souls". Ntlworld. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/shaun.morris/City%20Of%20Lost%20Souls/city.htm.
- Charlotte Cooper. "Remembering". The Skinny, 07 Nov 2007. http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/40744-remembering.
- “Tara O’Hara”. Remembering Our Dead. www.gender.org/remember/people/taraohara.html.
- "Neukölln ist nicht so schlimm, wie es dargestellt wird“. Queer Berlin. www.jackwerth-verlag.de/specials/neukoelln-ist-nicht-so-schlimm-wie-es-dargestellt-wird.html?PHPSESSID=e46a83d3208405ad149c6c15f3680b4b.
- "Rund um die Karl-Marx-Strasse". Queer Berlin. www.siegessaeule.de/specials/neukoelln-ist-nicht-so-schlimm-wie-es-dargestellt-wird/rund-um-die-karl-marx-strasse.html.
- Nora Eckert. "Hungrig nach Wirklichkeit – meine hedonistischen 70er Jahre. Erinnerungen einer Transfrau" in Westberlin – ein sexuelles Porträt. in Heinz-Jürgen Voß (ed). Westberlin – ein sexuelles Porträt. Psychosozial-Verlag, 2021: 227-30.
- Nora Eckert. Wie Alle, Nur Anders: ein transsexuelles Leben in Berlin. Verlag C H Beck, 2021. Translated into Portuguese by Virginia Maza as Flores Particulares. Transito, 2022: 81-2.