Part 1: to 1972. USAF, music, GLF
Part 2: 1972-82. TAO in Miami Beach
Part 3: aftermath
The two major sources that I have used for this are Joanne Meyerowitz and Susana Pena, both of whom read the two inaccessible books by Angela Douglas and the various issues of Moonshadow and Mirage, the TAO publications. Quotes via these two are not individually cited because of their unavailability. See Meyerowitz' and Pena's end notes for page references.
Mark Hinson's obituary was very useful for the later years.
The fourth major source are the emails and postings, some would say rants, by Angela Lee Douglas. These are URL linked, although only a few are still online. I did keep copies from eight years ago.
There were also a lot of articles written by Douglas for community papers. With only a few exceptions, I was not able to find these.
- Sleevenotes on Euphoria. A Gift From Euphoria (LP) with William D. Lincoln (bass, vocals), Hamilton Wesley Watt (vocals), Doug Delain (guitar), Dave Potter (drums). 1967
- Angela Douglas. "Panthers Still Biased Against Gays, Women". The Advocate, November 11-24, 1970.
- Donn Teal. The Gay Militants. Stein & Day, 1971: 210, 212.
- Angela Douglas (ed). Transsexual Action Organization Publications 1972-5.
- R. Fabricio. "Suit Charges Beach Harassment of Homosexuality". Miami Herald, 27 May 1973.
- Canary Conn. Canary: The Story of a Transsexual. Nash, 1974: 202
- Angela Douglas. "Gays March in S.F". Berkeley Barb, August 1977.
- Angela Douglas. Letter. Sister Aug-Sep 1977: 7.
- Janice G. Raymond. The Transsexual Empire: The Making of the She-male. Boston: Beacon Press. 1979: xvii.
- Angela Douglas. Triple Jeopardy: The Autobiography of Angela Lynn Douglas. Sneeds, Floria: Angela Lynn Douglas, 1983.
- Catherine Millot translated into English by Kenneth Hylton. Horsexe: Essay on Transsexuality. Paris: Point Hors Logne, 1983. NY:Autonomedia, 1990: .
- Angela Douglas. Hollywood's Obsession. Angela Lynn Douglas, 1992.
- Vernon Joynson. Fuzz, Acid And Flowers. "Euphoria". Borderline Productions, 1993.
- Art Kleps. A Narrative of the Early Years of American Psychedelianism. Neo-American Church of Texas, 1994. Kimberley Elliot and her husband appear under as Kim & Steve Newall.
- Pat Califia. Sex changes : the politics of transgenderism. San Francisco: Cleis Press 1997. Second edition by Patrick Califia 2003: 98-9.
- Kay Brown. "Angela Keyes Douglas". Transsexual, Transgender, and Intersex History. 1998. No Longer Available.
- Douglas Carl Czinki email to Kay Brown- no date - included on Brown's site.
- A.L. Douglas posting on Sympathy on Milli Vanilli, Jul 7, 2000.
- Rodger Stretmatter. Voices of Revolution: The Dissident Press in America. Colombia University Press, 2001: 250.
- James T. Sears. Rebels, Rubyfruit, and Rhinestones: Queering Space in the Stonewall South. Rutgers University Press, 2001: 129.
- Joanne Meyerowitz. How Sex Changed: A History of Transsexuality in the United States. Harvard University Press. 2002: 236, 237-241, 257, 271, 333.
- Angela Lynn Douglas posting on dev.greenspun.com November 10, 2002.
- Last Drop Douglas. Cosmo Alley (CD) 2003.
- Angela Douglas 2 postings on "Transsexuals allowed in Olympics" Amorous Propensities May 21, 2004 and October 21, 2004.
- A.L. posting on band family tree.com 5/28/2005.
- Angela Douglas (Tanglehead) posting on Messageboard for Love Fans 16/11/2005.
- Angela Douglas posting on Arthur Lee Tribute June 27, 2006.
- Angela Douglas (Tanglehead) posting on Yellow Swordfish>>Arthur Lee and Love 2006-08-26.
- Angela Douglas posting on the Cindi Lauper web page. 14 March 2007.
- Angela Douglas (Tanglehead) posting on ufowatch no date.
- Mark Hinson. "Angela's ashes: Farewell to a wild pen pal". Tallahassee Democrat, August 24, 2007. Reproduced.
- Stephen Whittle in Richard Ekins & Dave King. The Transgender Phenomenon. London: Thousand Oaks; California: Sage. 2006: 192-3.
- Susan Stryker & Stephen Whittle. The Transgender Studies Reader. Routledge, 2006: 6.
- Susan Stryker. Transgender History. Seal Press, 2008: 88-9
- Suzan Cooke."Early Frauds, Predators and Self-Agrandizers". Women Born Transsexual, 05/27/2009. http://womenborntranssexual.com/2009/05/27/early-frauds-predators-and-self-agrandizers.
- Susana Pena. "Gender and Sexuality in Latina/o Miami: Documenting Latina Transsexual Activists". Kevin P. Murphy & Jennifer M. Spear (eds). Historicising Gender and Sexuality. Wiley-Blackwell, 2011: 755-772.
- Tom De Simone, Teresa Wang, Melissa Lopez, Diem Tran, Andy Sacher, Kersu Dalal, Justin Emerick. Lavender Los Angeles. Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub, 2011: 118.
- Philip Zonkel. "Gay History: Los Angeles’ pioneering transgender activists to be discussed Sunday at ONE Gay & Lesbian Archives". Out in the 562, April 11, 2014. http://blogs.presstelegram.com/outinthe562/2014/04/11/gay-history-los-angeles-pioneering-transgender-activists-to-be-discussed-sunday-at-one-gay-lesbian-archives.
- Brendan Zachariah O'Donnell. Definition and Redefinition: Alliance and Antagonism in Homosexual and Trans Communities in the U.S. BA thesis, Wesleyan University, 2014: 61-2, 69. PDF