This is just some of what happened in 2013.
Part 1: Organizations & Activists, Equal marriage, Other Legislation.
Part 2: Persons.
Part 3: Spouses, lovers and Family, Trans Kids,
Part 4: Political, Celebrities, Sports.
Part 5: Schools, Universities & Colleges, Imprisonment,Nemeses, Internet.
Part 6: Doctors & Sexologists, Medicine, Genetics, Legal, Obituaries.
Part 7: Dress Reform, Cis Surgeries, Fashion, Beauty Pageants, Performance.
Part 8: Art, Television & Radio, Adverts, Theatre, Cinema.
Part 9: Jargon, News Media, Journal.
Part 10: Archives, Books.
Diary of a drag queen's husband
- Thomas Matt. "Defeating Shame: My Story of Trans-Attraction". The Weave, 10/20/2013. Reprinted: "I’m attracted to trans women: After years of confusion and shame, I'm ready to stop hiding the truth about my desires -- and I'm not alone ". Salon, Oct 22, 2013. www.salon.com/2013/10/22/im_attracted_to_trans_women.
- Janet Mock. "How Society Shames Men Dating Trans Women & How This Affects Our Lives". http://janetmock.com/2013/09/12/men-who-date-attracted-to-trans-women-stigma.
- Matt Moir. "Straight men loving trans women". Xtra, Sep 26, 2013. http://dailyxtra.com/toronto/life/sex/straight-men-loving-trans-women?market=210.
Robyn Walters & Emery Ford both previously married twice, both had four children, both transitioned. Then they married each other.
- "Irish transgender teens sent to the UK for treatment by desperate parents: UK options currently surpass anything on offer in Ireland". IrishCentral, Septemeber 1, 2013. http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-transgender-teens-sent-to-the-UK-for-treatment-by-desperate-parents-221990391.html.
- Dana Beyer. "Gender Transition in Children: A Dialogue Continued". Huffington Post, 07/01/2013. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-beyer/gender-transition-in-children_b_3530335.html.
- Kay Dibben. "Doctor calls for gender clinic plan as number of transgender children increases ". The Courier Mail, May 14, 2013. www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/doctor-calls-for-gender-clinic-plan-as-number-of-transgender-children-increases/story-e6freoof-1226641515015.
- Sophie Jane Evans. "The NHS clinic where children as young as 12 are receiving drugs to prepare them for a sex change". The Daily Mail, 17 November 2013. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508704/NHS-Tavistock-Clinic-treating-transgender-children-therapies-prepare-sex-change.html.
- Jill Filipovic. "What's the problem if a boy wants to put on a dress or girls act masculine?: The trappings we put onto gender identity – the colors, the clothes, the assumed preferences – are all cultural, not natural". The Guardian, 22 November 2013. www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/22/punish-kids-cross-gender-play-abuse.
- Leela Ginelle. "Op-ed: Why Are Americans Terrified of Transgender 6-Year-Olds?: Transgender first-graders aren't the problem. Uninformed adults are. ". The Advocate, October 29 2013. http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/10/29/op-ed-why-are-americans-terrified-transgender-6-year-olds.
- Gloria Hillard. " 'I'm Not The Only One': Transgender Youth Battle The Odds". National Public Radio, June 15, 2013. www.npr.org/2013/06/15/191772111/im-not-the-only-one-transgender-youth-battle-the-odds.
- Ellen Huet. "Awareness, laws help transgender youths flourish". SFGate, August 19, 2013. www.sfgate.com/lgbt/article/Awareness-laws-help-transgender-youths-flourish-4739711.php.
- James Nichols. "What It's Like To Be A Transgender Teen? " Huffington Post, 09/30/2013. www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/huffpost-live-transgender-teens_n_4017102.html.
Colorado's civil rights division determined that a school district discriminated in refusing to let Coy Mathis, a first-grader, use the girls' restroom.
Danielle Sheridan, 8, Richmond Hill, Ontario, in first Pride parade in the area, supported by Mayor.
Kaden, who was on Oprah when he was 11, is now in his 20s.
Leo Waddell, 12, Lowestoft.
Lulu, Argentina, 6, granted girl's identity card.
Jazz --- transgender at 11: I want boobs.
Harriette Dickens and her family.
Jake, a trans boy was on The Oprah Show in 2007. His brother Jason feeling ignored became anorexic. Now both brothers are in their early 20s and get on well. Jake is a psychology student and LGBT activist.
Tony Zamazal, Houston, 19, permitted to dress female at school prom.
Issak Wolfe, Pennsylvania, permitted to take his girlfriend to the school prom, however when ran for prom king, was listed under prom queen.
Nicole Maines, 14, Maine. Family sued over access to female restroom.
Nikki, featured in People magazine.
William Copeland and his supportive family.
Family court of Australia judge gave permission for two trans teenagers to undergo hormone treatment, after it was revealed that both teens had self-harmed and contemplated suicide.
- Marsha Aizumi with Aiden Aizumi. Two Spirits, One Heart: A Mother, Her Transgender Son, and Their Journey to Love and Acceptance. Magnus Books, 2013.
- Michele Angello. On the Couch with Dr. Angello: A Guide to Raising & Supporting Transgender Youth. Philadelphia, PA: [S.n.], 2013.
- Lori Duron. Raising My Rainbow: Adventures in Raising a Fabulous, Gender Creative Son. Broadway Books, 2013.
- Jon & Luisa Edwards. The Boy Who Was Born a Girl: One Mother's Unconditional Love for Her Child. Arrow, 2013.
- Diane Ehrenshaft. Gender Born, Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender-Nonconforming Children. Experiment LLC; 3rd edition, 2012.
- Paige Lucas-Stannard. Gender Neutral Parenting: Raising kids with the freedom to be themselves. Verity Publishing, 2013.
- Anne Smith. "Girl Nutz": The Epitome of Femininity: A Child's Transgender Journey From A Parent's Perspective. AuthorHouise, 2012.
Don't forget to have a Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
And even tho I don't fully understand it all, thanks for all you do to inform us!