News Media & Bookshops
Gays the Word Bookshop, which hosts meetings of Trans London, faced with 25% increase in rent from Camden Council.
The Sunday Life, Belfast, was censured by the Press Complaints Commission for using the word 'tranny'.
Mithly (=same as me), a new GLBT magazine in Morocco.
Original Plumbing for trans men.
Fucking Trans Women.
- A series of articles by Juliet Jacques about her transition.
- Profile of Bethany Black, stand-up comedian.
- Carol Robson, whose Trans History site contains material stolen from this site, was interviewed.
- David Waters finds that he had a half-sister was was adopted away. 25 years later they make contact, and the sister is now Stephen.
- Stephen Whittle: "A brief history of transgender issues".
- Mustafa Qadri. "Pakistan's hijras deserve acceptance".
- CL Minou on Julie Bindel
The Daily Mail
- Charles Kane, again.
- Amyrose Addams and wife disappeared and abandoned their child.
- Nadia Almada evicted from reality show.
- Rachel Millington starts transition and is fired.
- Tanya Bloomfield, daughter of former head of Northern Ireland civil service, seeks refugee status in Canada.
- Jan Kraus, convicted of harassing neighbours, spared jail.
- Alexandra Smith, WPC.
- Laura Voyce, convicted of child porn, spared jail.
- Vikki-Marie Gaynor, awarded £20,000 against Exel Europe/DHL for loss of job.
- Dennis O., a refugee from Turkey, has surgery.
- Emily de Salvo wins music school place.
- Mia McHugh dates Amy Whitehouse's ex.
- A CAH baby
The Los Angeles Times
- Christopher Goffard on Christine Daniels. “Public triumph, private torment”.
- Christopher Goffard on homeless in Los Angeles, includes a profile of trans woman Cathy.
The New York Times
- William van Meter. "Bold Crossings of the Gender Line". A fluff articles on celebrities.
- Natasha Lennard on protests against Tick-Off Trannies with Knives.
- Mary Norris on her reaction to her sibling's transition.
- Dr. Laura Erickson-Schroth, of Trans Bodies, Trans Selves, a cis woman, answered questions on trans issues. One, Two, Three.
- Randy Cohen. "When to Out a Transgender Dater?"
- Ethan Watters. "The Americanization of Mental Illness". http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/magazine/10psyche-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all.
The Toronto Star
- Andrea Houston on Toronto Trans community.
- Marcus McCann interviews Chis Bentley, Ontario Attorney General about trans rights and sex work.
- Doerthe Keiholz on BC Ministry of Health approving chest surgery for trans men.
- Andrea Houston on Ontario activists.
- Andrea Houston on Canadian trans rights bill.
- Noreen Fagan on Trans Day of Remembrance.
- Mercedes Allen Interviewed.
- Doerthe Keilholz on Mabel League, Outgames and trans inclusion.
- Noreen Fagan on two Ottawa trans marches divided by issue of police involvement.
- Andrea Houston on Rupert Raj.
- Andrea Zanin on Pride Toronto promises consultation with trans community.
- Nick Logan on Michelle Rayner, Fredericton’s St Thomas University and toilets. More.
- Noreen Fagan on two charged after Trans Day of Remembrance.
- Jeremy Hainsworth on Georgina Beyer in Vancouver.
- Andrea Houston on Toronto School Board against gender-based violence.
- Simon Thibault on Tanya Bloomfield fighting return to Northern Ireland.
- Buck Angel interviewed.
- Andrea Zanin on Trans Pulse report.
- Krishna Rau on Zucker, Blanchard and the DSM.
- Natasha Barsotti on Vancouver TDOR.
- Jenn Ruddy on Dominic Scaia being banned from Facebook
- On Degrassi trans character.
- Luna Allison on Quebec agreeing to pay for SRS at Brassard's clinic.
- Lina Harper on trans in Quebec protest.
- Shauna Lewis on Vancouver trans woman eviction.
- Doerth Keilholz on trans man ejected from women's hockey league.
- Colette Berhhardt on intersex in the UK.
- Jesse Bering. “The Third Gender”. Scientific American. May 2010.
- Michael Harris. "The Unrepentant Whore: How Jamie Lee Hamilton changed the way we look at Canada’s underclass". The Walrus. June 2010. www.walrusmagazine.com/articles/2010.06-society-the-unrepentant-whore.
- Simon Doonan. “Why Drag Queens Should Handle Disaster Relief”. The Daily Beast. June 4, 2010. http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-04/simon-doonan-on-gulf-oil-spill-and-paris-is-burning/?cid=tag:all1
- Jamie Lee Hamilton. "How we can honour murdered and missing women in the wake of Pickton's conviction". Straight.com. August 12, 2010. http://www.straight.com/article-338534/vancouver/jamie-lee-hamilton-how-we-can-honour-murdered-and-missing-women-wake-picktons-conviction.
- “Carmen”. Time Out Sydney. 2010. www.timeoutsydney.com.au/thebridge/colourfulsydneyidentity/carmen.aspx.
- Dan Irving & Jennifer Evans. "Why Canada should protect gender identity". The Globe and Mail, Dec 01,2010. www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/opinion/why-canada-should-protect-gender-identity/article1819697.
- Elizabeth Reis. "Sex, Intersex, and the Making of Normal". LA Progressive. 30 July 2010. www.laprogressive.com/rankism/gay-rights-rankism/sex-intersex-making-normal.
- Revathi Ramanan. "They changed, society didn't". The Times of India, Oct 25, 2010. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/They-changed-society-didnt/articleshow/6805856.cms.
Journal Articles and Theses
- Ophelia Bradley. ’They Need Labels’: Contemporary Institutional And Popular Frameworks For Gender Variance. MA Thesis. Georgia State University. Discusses AGP, HSTS and HBS persons using their blog names rather than their person names.
- Anne Lawrence. "Something Resembling Autogynephilia in Women: Comment on Mose (2009)". Journal of Homosexuality, 57,1, 2010.
- Anne Lawrence. “A Validation of Blanchard’s Typology: Comment on Nuttbrock et al." Archives of Sexual Behavior. March 2010.
- Charles Moser. "Blanchard's Autogynephilia Theory: A Critique". Journal of Homosexuality, 57,6, 2010.
- Charles Moser. "A Rejoinder to Lawrence(2010): It helps if you Compare the Correct Items ". Journal of Homosexuality, 57,6, 2010.
- Larry Nuttbrock. “The Limitations of Blanchard’s Typology: A Response to Lawrence. Archives of Sexual Behavior. June 2010.
- Julia M. Serano. ‘The Case Against Autogynephilia.’ International Journal of Transgenderism, 12:3, 176-187. "If proponents of autogynephilia insist that every exception to the model is due to misreporting, then autogynephilia theory must be rejected on the grounds that it is unfalsifiable and therefore unscientific. If, on the other hand, we accept that these exceptions are legitimate, then it is clear that autogynephilia theory’s two-subtype taxonomy does not hold true."