- Elizabeth Aird. "Transsexual stands out in municipal race". The Vancouver Sun, Oct 7, 1996: B1.
- Barbara Daniel. She’s No Lady: The Story of Jamie Lee Hamilton. Toronto: Cormorant Books Inc 300 pp 2005.
- "Transsexual says Vancouver civic party rejected her over sex issues: Wanted to run for parks board on behalf of Non-Partisan Association". CBC News. August 31, 2008. www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/08/31/bc-transsexual-parks-election.html.
- Charlie Smith. "Lu's Pharmacy rejects transgender customer". Straight.com. July 15, 2009. www.straight.com/article-240560/lus-pharmacy-rejects-transgender-customer.
- Michael Harris. "The Unrepentant Whore: How Jamie Lee Hamilton changed the way we look at Canada’s underclass". The Walrus. June 2010. www.walrusmagazine.com/articles/2010.06-society-the-unrepentant-whore.
- Jamie Lee Hamilton. "How we can honour murdered and missing women in the wake of Pickton's conviction". Straight.com. August 12, 2010. http://www.straight.com/article-338534/vancouver/jamie-lee-hamilton-how-we-can-honour-murdered-and-missing-women-wake-picktons-conviction.
- Jamie Lee Hamilton. "The Golden Age of Prostitution: One Woman's Personal Account of an Outdoor Brothel in Vancouver, 1975-1984". In Dan Irving & Rupert Raj (eds). Trans Activism in Canada: A Reader. Women's Press, 2014.
“Hamilton is, famously, 'an unrepentant whore.' Is she also an unrepentant madam? Sitting with her recently, I ask point-blank, 'So, were you running a bawdy house?' She looks nonplussed: 'Well, yeah.' A hand flicks at some imaginary dirt on a cushion. 'But so is every five-star hotel in this country.'
'And you know what I really resented? They called it a common bawdy house. Listen, there was nothing common about it.'"