Part 2: Other Legislation.
Part 3: Persons.
Part 4: Spouses, Family, Kids.
Part 5: Political, Celebrities, Sports, Festivals.
Part 6: Schools, Universities & Colleges, Imprisonment,Nemeses, Internet.
Part 7: Doctors & Sexologists, Medicine, Genetics, Obituaries.
Spouses and Family
(Again we have several female spouses and lovers of trans men and trans women. But where are the male spouses and lovers?)
Jayne Watson and her wife renewed their vows.
Marco & Sadie
- Diane Daniel. "Gender change: Losing him, loving her". Durham News Observer, 2012/02/12. www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/12/1844950/losing-him-loving-her.html.
- Susan James. "Transgender Parent: Child's Journey When Mom Becomes Dad". ABC News, March 27, 2012. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/transgender-parenting-children-struggle-mom-dad/story?id=16010681.
- Gina. "What's It Like Growing Up With A Transgender Parent? Sharon Shattuck Knows.". Autostraddle, June 28, 2012. www.autostraddle.com/sharon-shattuck-and-project-dad-the-autostraddle-interview-140438.
- Bella English. "Quincy couple talk about transgender son’s sad journey". The Boston Globe, October 6, 2012. www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2012/10/06/quincy-couple-talk-about-transgender-son-sad-journey/8sfPKwLKQXSbXpm1tam13O/story.html.
- Ann Whitford Paul. "A transgender story: My daughter, my son: When Sarah became Finn, her parents began their own journey.". Los Angeles Times, October 7, 2012. www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-paul-trangendered-child-20121007,0,3214612,full.story.
- Simon Andrews. “Goodbye Katie, hello Ben”. The Guardian, 13 October 2012. www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/oct/13/transgender-teenager-katie-to-ben.
- Christine Benvenuto. “My husband's sex change: Living with a man who wants to be a woman”. The Guardian, 2 November 2012. www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/nov/02/my-husbands-sex-change.
Trans & Intersex Kids
Amber, 12, on puberty blockers.
Danann Tyler is in the documentary Trans.
Drew-Ashlyn Cunningham, of My Transsexual Summer, spoke at Kingston University, London, in favour of puberty blockers.
13-year-old Franziska was born with ambiguous genitals, XY but made a girl.
Livvy, Worcester. Her mother organized a petition to send to the Press Association re avoiding terms which leave emotional scars.
Mary Moss, Glen Falls, New York, mother of a trans son, spoke at her local TDOR.
Mason Pierce, California, in transitions.
Riley, 15 Sydney.
Tyler, "Transgender at 5". The Washington Post, May 19, 2012.
Zach Avery, 5, diagnosed by Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, her primary school was praised by Ofsted for how it handled her case.
A mother talks about her intersex child: "My child is boy and girl."
- Tim Spanton. "The confused kids putting off puberty: Drugs halt sexuality until children choose genderpot ". The Sun, 23rd January 2012. www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/parenting/4077869/Drugs-halt-sexuality-until-children-choose-gender.html.
- Patrick Wallace. “Once a Daughter, Now a Son: The Mother of a Transgender Child Shares Her Emotional Transition”. Huffington Post, 01/26/2012. www.huffingtonpost.com/patrick-wallace/transgender-child_b_1230006.html.
- Zack Avery, a 5-year-old in UK. www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/02/20/five-year-old-may-be-youngest-trans-girl-in-uk/ www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103686/Boy-5-lives-life-GIRL-youngest-diagnosed-NHS-Gender-Identity-Disorder.html
- Stephen Ira. "It’s 2012. Do you know where your transgender children are?". LGBTQNation, February 19. 2012. www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/02/its-2012-do-you-know-where-your-transgender-children-are.
- Stephanie Pappas. "Mental Health Problems Plague Transgender Kids". Live Science, 20 February 2012. www.livescience.com/16110-transgender-teen-mental-health.html.
- Alix Speigel. "More Children Struggle With Gender Identity Disorder". NPR, February 21, 2012. www.npr.org/2012/02/21/147180163/pediatricians-more-patients-want-to-change-their-gender.
- Philippa Perry. "Gender and the tyranny of the 'normal': Sensationalist news stories about gender dysphoria only serve to isolate sufferers of this condition". The Guardian, 23 February 2012. www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/feb/23/gender-dysphoria-tyranny-of-normal.
- Paul Bracchi. “Mixed-up five-year-olds and the alarming growth of the gender identity industry: 20 years ago the condition didn't exist. Now British children are being puberty suppressing drugs on the NHS”. The Daily Mail, 25th Feb 2012. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106215/Mixed-year-olds-alarming-growth-gender-identity-industry.html#ixzz1nPSVMzIH.
- Kathryn Carlson. "Sex change: Early diagnosis of gender-identity disorder has doctors facing tough decisions". National Post, Mar 3 2012. http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/03/sex-change-early-diagnosis-of-gender-identity-disorder-has-doctors-facing-tough-decisions.
- Crystal A. Proxmire. "Transgender children share coming out stories". Between the Lines, 4/19/2012. www.pridesource.com/article.html?article=52865.
- Julie Ross. "Raising a Transgender Child: A Star is Born ". Huffington Post, 04/20/2012. www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-ross/transgender-children_b_1441773.html.
- Janice D'Arcy. "Gender identity and children who struggle with it". The Washington Post, 04/23/2012. www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-parenting/post/gender-identity-and-children-who-struggle-with-it/2012/04/22/gIQABBJlaT_blog.html.
- Ashleigh Barry. "Couple learn to accept that son’s gender identity is as a girl". The Columbus Dispatch, April 25, 2012. www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/04/25/parents-follow-jackies-lead.html.
- Barbara J. King. "Can Children Know, At Age 2, They Were Born The 'Wrong Sex'?". National Public Radio, May 24, 2012. www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2012/05/24/153285061/can-children-know-at-age-2-they-were-born-the-wrong-sex.
- Jesse Green. “S/He: Parents of transgender children are faced with a difficult decision, and it’s one they have to make sooner than they ever imagined.”. New York Magazine, May 27, 2012. http://nymag.com/news/features/transgender-children-2012-6.
- Cary Aspinall. "Transgender teen graduates in Tulsa ". News Oklahoma, June 3, 2012. http://newsok.com/transgender-teen-graduates-in-tulsa/article/3680927.
- Anna Leach. "Homophobic parents? ‘We all are, before we learn’: Loving parent of a trans daughter tells LGBT kids not to be afraid come out in Taiwan". GayStarNews, 09 November 2012. www.gaystarnews.com/article/homophobic-parents-%E2%80%98we-all-are-we-learn%E2%80%99091112.
"Becoming Me". In the Life, 31 Mar 2012. Full Episode. Newsarticle.
"Transgender childhood". Dateline NBC, July 8th 2012. Website.
- Rachel Pepper (ed). Transitions of the Heart: Stories of Love, Struggle and Acceptance by Mothers of Transgender and Gender Variant Children. Berkeley, CA: Cleis Press, 2012.