At age 11 they moved back to Paris and Dymenzstein received ballet training at the Paris Opera. This was followed by twelve years as a classical dancer, including with Maurice Béjart and at the Deutsches Schauspielhaus in Hamburg.
At age 23 Dymenzstein picked a country at random and went to Japan, was influenced by Kabuki and Noh theatre, and realised that he wanted to play female roles.
Dymenzstein was back in Paris for the 1968 riots and found work in the Alcazar cabaret (which included Marie France Garcia and Amanda Lear). This required playing many roles during each performance.
She moved to Berlin to start transition into Solange for she had heard that natural hormones were available, and being of Jewish descent was intrigued to see the city that been the Nazi capital. However she found Berliners to be quite friendly.
Like Romy Haag, she opened a nightclub. She took the show-biz name Zazie de Paris (a combination of Zsa Zsa Gabor and Zizi Jeanmaire). The club attracted the likes of David Bowie and became a centre for punks, but she found it too much work and left after a year. She was a friend of Jayne County.
Solange completed her gender affirmation. Later she was in the euthanasia-clinic comedy Kill Me Please, 2010 and Mario Fanfani's Les nuits d'été, 2015.
Usually she was denied cis female parts, but she has recently been working in the Tatort cop series on German television where she plays the best friend of a police Commissioner.
Solange now considers herself a Berliner, and has said that she will probably never leave.
- Raimund Hoghe. "Falten erzählen mehr als Federn: Glanz und Travestie sind nicht mehr ihre Sache". Zeit, 17. März 1989. www.zeit.de/1989/12/falten-erzaehlen-mehr-als-federn.
- Jayne County with Rupert Smith. Man Enough to be a Woman. London: Serpent's Tail, 1995: 141-2, 183-4.
- Romain Titeux. "Zazie de Paris: rencontre avec l'icône drag de la scène Berlinoise". LesInRocks, 15/10/2011. www.lesinrocks.com/2011/10/15/cinema/zazie-de-paris-rencontre-avec-licone-drag-de-la-scene-berlinoise-118351.
- Chiara Spagnoli Gabardi. "Exclusive: Interview with Zazie de Paris". Shockya, September 4 2014. www.shockya.com/news/2014/09/04/exclusive-interview-with-zazie-de-paris.
- Michael Schacht. "Zazie de Paris spielt die beste Freundin des Frankfurt-Kommissars | Die „Tatort-“ Karriere einer Transsexuellen". Bild, 18.05.2015. www.bild.de/unterhaltung/tv/tatort/karriere-einer-transsexuellen-40987778.bild.html.