(auto)biographies that are almost unobtainable
French and Belgian (auto) biographies and Histories
Biographies with the pre-transition name in the title
Advice Manuals I: 1957-1979
Advice Manuals II: 1980-2000
Advice Manuals III: 2001-2017
Non-Fiction Books on other topics by trans authors
When I first started this encyclopedia in 2007 I included a bibliography of books up to that date. Since then the field has exploded and my bibliography became increasingly out of date – although I did include most of the new books for each year in my year-end review each year. I have now taken down the old bibliography, and bit by bit am rebuilding it.
Advice manuals Part I: 1957-1980
Inclusion in this list does not imply that I endorse the contents of any item.
In this early period the genre is not defined. The book by Prince, Roberts and Salem are completely different, although some trans women would have read all all them, as there was nothing else at the time.
- Virginia Prince. An Introduction to the Subject of Transvestism or Femmiphilia (Cross-Dressing). Foundation for Full Personality Expression.
- Pudgy Roberts. Female impersonator's handbook. Capri Publishers.
- Virginia Prince. The Transvestite and His Wife. Chevalier.
- Virginia Prince. How To Be A Woman Though Male. Chevalier Publications.
- Michael Salem with Leo Wollman. How to impersonate a woman; a handbook for the male transvestite. New York, M. Salem Enterprises.
- Michael Salem. How to Impersonate a Woman. VHS. US 60 mins. Michael Salem. The video of the book.
- Paula Grossman. A Handbook for Transsexuals. Broadview Enterprises Inc.
Post a Comment
Comments that constitute non-relevant advertisements will be declined, as will those attempting to be rude. Comments from 'unknown' and anonymous will also be declined. Repeat: Comments from "unknown" will be declined, as will anonymous comments. You may type in a name if you don't have a Google id.