The original GVWW bibliography from 2007
(auto)biographies that are almost unobtainable
French and Belgian (auto) biographies and Histories
Biographies with the pre-transition name in the title
Advice Manuals 1957-1980
Advice Manuals 1981-2000
Advice Manuals 2001-2017
Non-Fiction Books on other topics by trans authors
There are many advice manuals for different types of trans person. This list is necessarily incomplete.
Inclusion in this list does not imply that I endorse the contents of any item.
This middle period is notable for the scarcity of publications in the 1980s. This is the period following Janice Raymond’s diatribe against any form of transgender. Even writer sympathetic to trans persons such as Liz Hodgkinson and Dave King felt obliged to cite Raymond. It was also the period after the closure of the Johns Hopkins Gender Identity Clinic, and the legal persecution of doctors such as David Wesser. And, of course, the coming of AIDS.
There is recovery in the 1990s. Most of the authors are associated with the trans peer groups of that time.
Part II 1980-2000
- Louis Sullivan. Information for the female to male cross dresser and transsexual. Ingersoll Gender Center. 1st Ed Janus Information Facility.
- Yvonne Sinclair. Transvestism within a partnership of marriage and families. Transvestite/Transsexual Social Group.
- Joseph Doucé. La Question transsexuelle. Paris: Luminière et justice.
- The Brussels Experience. Ingersoll Gender Center.
- Morgan Holliday & Peter Hawkins. The Morgan Mystique: Morgan Holliday's Essential Guide to Living, Loving and Lip Gloss. Holliday Productions.
- Peggy J Rudd. Crossdressing With Dignity: The Case for Transcending Gender Lines. Pm Pub.
- Joanne Altman Stringer. The Transsexual's Survival Guide: To Transition & Beyond. Creative Design Services.
- Jennifer Anne Stevens. From Masculine to Feminine. Inland Book Co.
- Dallas Denny. Deciding what to do about your gender dysphoria: Some considerations for those who are thinking about sex reassignment. (AEGIS transition series).
- Dallas Denny. Deciding what to do about your gender dysphoria: Some considerations for those who are thinking about sex reassignment. (AEGIS transition series)
- JoAnn Roberts. Coping With Crossdressing: Tools & Strategies for Partners in Committed Relationships. Creative Design Services.
- The Trinidad Experience. Ingersoll Gender Centre.
- Jed Bland. The Dual Role Transvestite: a Unique Form of Identity. Derby TV/TS Group.
- Jed Bland. The Secret Wardrobe. Derby TS/TV Group.
- Joanne Altman Stringer. The Transsexual's Survival Guide II: To Transition & Beyond for Family, Friends, & Employers. Creative Design Services.
- Jed Bland. The Gender Paradox: What it Means to be a Transvestite. Derby TV/TS Group.
- Jed Bland. Transvestism: Four Monograms. Derby TV/TS Group.
- Dallas Denny. Identity Management in Transsexualism. Creative Design Services.
- Sheila Kirk, M.D. Hormonal therapy for the male-to-female transgendered individual. IFGE.
- JoAnn Roberts. Art & Illusion: A Guide to Crossdressing. 4 volumes. Creative Design Services.
- Sheila Kirk & Martine Rothblatt. Medical, Legal and Workplace Issues For The Transsexual. Together Lifeworks.
- Mildred L Brown & Chloe Ann Rounsley. True Selves: Understanding Transsexualism : for Families, Friends, Coworkers, and Helping Professionals. Jossey-Bass.
- Vernon Coleman. Men in dresses : a study of transvestism/crossdressing. European Medical Journal.
- Vernon Coleman. Crossdressing: The Path to Male Emancipation. European Medical Journal.
- Sheila Kirk, M.D. Masculinizing Hormonal Therapy for the Transgendered, Together Lifeworks.
- Sheila Kirk, M.D. Feminizing hormonal therapy for the transgendered. Together Lifeworks.
- Alison Laing. Speaking as a Woman. King of Prussia, PA: Creative Design Services.
- Alison Laing. Speaking as a Woman. VHS 45 mins.
- Veronica Vera. Miss Vera's Finishing School for Boys Who Want to Be Girls. New York: Main Street Books.
- Kate Bornstein. My Gender Workbook: How to Become the Kind of Man or Woman You Always Thought You Could Be...or Something Else Entirely. Routledge.
- Vicky Lee. The Tranny Guide. Enfield: Wayout Publishing Co. 336 pp 2000
Post a Comment
Comments that constitute non-relevant advertisements will be declined, as will those attempting to be rude. Comments from 'unknown' and anonymous will also be declined. Repeat: Comments from "unknown" will be declined, as will anonymous comments. You may type in a name if you don't have a Google id.